12.01.2011

the eyes of an artist

I don't know if it is because I have known that these are my last few months as a student at Brigham Young University, or because I am taking a photography class and now I see the world through the eyes of an artist but the world around me has been so much more beautiful. I can't even count how many times I have stopped to notice the beauty around me and thought of how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place. Just yesterday I was sitting outside near the JFSB, reading a book for class (yes it was warm enough to sit outside on the last day of November!) and as I was sitting there the wind started to blow. There are still plenty of leaves falling off the tress and there were a couple piles around me that as the wind blew danced and skipped across the pavement. It was the most entertaining thing, they would swirl around and then come back, it was as if they were preforming a choreographed dance. I couldn't help but stop reading and watch them for a couple minutes. This is just one of the wonderful things I have noticed the past few months. This moments have been such a blessing to me and I am so thankful to my HF who created such amazing moments.  One of the best experiences I have had this semester was driving the alpine loop at sunset. It was phenomenal, I don't even have the words to describe what I saw. Maybe these pictures will give you some insight?



I wish I knew what has changed my vision, so I could pass it on to everyone. Colors seem more vivid, sunsets more animated, even the trees seem to be more inviting to me. I like to think now I have the eyes of an artist and these moments will keep blessing my life!

No comments: