6.09.2008

Sono Perduto

This week I learned how to use Siena’s public transportation. My internship is about a 15 minute bus ride out of the city in a quite countryside neighborhood. I was going to my first day of internship taking the bus all by myself and it turned out to be a bigger adventure then I expected. I did manage to buy my bus tickets all by myself so I was feeling pretty good. Nothing was going to stop me, or so I thought. I missed the first bus and the next bus didn’t come for another hour. I was ok with this because I was still going to make it there. The bus dropped me off at a different stop then I thought it would. I thought maybe I got off a stop too early so I walked to the next stop. It turned out to be about a 20 minute walk. It was a pretty walk with beautiful views of the Italian country side the whole time I was wishing I had my camera because I could have taken beautiful pictures. I went to the next stop and relised that the stop I got off was right I just went the wrong way so I waited about 30 minutes for the bus thinking I would just go back and try and find it. It took forever for it to come. I got of and wandered for another 20 or so minutes finally found the building and then realized the bus was coming to take me home soon. Or so I thought. I waited at the bus stop for an hour because I had read the times wrong and then the bus I wanted drove right past me as I was writing in my journal. Oh and when I got my journal out I realized that I had my camera in my purse the whole time. I didn’t want to leave the bus stop in fear I would miss the bus and I did anyway. I walked over to the other bus stop with a nice Italian lady and finally caught a bus to take me home. Luckily I learn fast because today I was much more successful and I made it to my internship with out any troubles. I also took a different bus home and still made it back with out any problems. I feel like a true resident now that I know how to use the public transportation.

1 comment:

Caity Bennett said...

Oh you spaz. I love it. When we go back to Italy together you can teach me all i need to know.