7.17.2010

It has been a long time.


So it has been a very long time since I have sat down and blogged. One reason is because 3 of the 4 people who "follow" my blog I talk to almost daily, so they know about everything in my life, so why blog. Well these are the reasons I came up with for blogging today:
  1. I am very, very bored at work
  2. I am kind of forgetful and it would be nice to remember what my life was like "back in the day" when I am old and gray.
  3. If I ever become famous this will be a super popular blog. I would not want to disappoint my fans.
  4. Blogs are fun, and the only place it is acceptable to brag about all the great things you do in you life.
  5. It is a great way to procrastinate the things I should be doing, like homework, cleaning, sleeping, you know those type of things....
So here it goes. The fresh new start to my blogging habit begins today.. Any takers on how long it will last.

This summer has been full of ADVENTURE. One of my favorite people in the whole world and brave adventure buddy (it is Racheal in case you didn't know) and I decided to say YES to life (after some inspiration from a wonderful movie staring my imaginary best friend Zooey Deschanel.) Meaning we say yes to just about any thing that is 1. possible and 2. not life threatening. This small decision has been Life Changing we have done so many wonderful and fantastic things. I will show you, my dear reader, the wonderful things I have done so far.

Our adventures started out with simple bike rides (we thought they were long 3 miles... hahah that is laughable now!) and fun times in the park.

Then we moved on to bigger bike rides Like this one.. 13.5 miles up the canyon to the falls and back. This is where be began conquering things. This day we conquered the Mountain.
P.S. We love Gatorade, and lazy people who just sit on their butts and work all day so we can buy our Gatorade from them! We also Conquered the Lake when we rode our bikes 18, yes you did read that right, 18 miles, to Utah lake and back. It was awesome and pretty and tiring and fun and definitely adventurous.
I don't have a handy-dandy water bottle holder, so instead I used what I had and put it in my hood. Worked like a charm.
We found this awesome swing along the trail. It was magical. I loved it. A lot.
We stopped on our way home to get our Gatorade fix and I had to come up with an even more creative way to carry it on the rest of our ride. This is what I came up with. Even better then the first water bottle solution. Oh, and no I am not a handicap.
Then we made some new friends, and we did fun things with them, Like go to Wal-mart where we were told off for taking pictures (like that lady could stop us.) We demistated the classy people that often shop at wally world.Take one- Polygamists
Take 2- White trash/Gangstas
Take 3- Hicks
We also had a spontaneous dance party in the Wendy's parking lot up in Heber. It was a lot of fun. We even got free frosties. YUM.
Next came GLEE parties. This is one of my favorite activities of the summer. (ok, I will probably say that about every adventure, but I can't help it if I have loved this summer.) It combines some of the BEST things, Parties, Glee, food, and Dressing up.
This is our Lady Ga Ga Glee party, lots of candy and cupcakes were necessary.
Dressing for Ga Ga night meant wearing the most ridiculous things possible. Needless to say, I loved it.
Next Glee party was for Funk night. We didn't really know how to dress Funk so we kinda just decided to dress 90's/disco and called it good. Here I am with Caity and Claire. Don't we look Funk-a-licious.

You can fully grasp how awesome and 90's our outfits are in this picture. Scrunchies included! Caity was channeling Blossom, and I was channeling Clarissa from Clarissa Explains it All.
Sadly we started these parties to late in the season, because our next party was for the season finally. In honor of Glee we dressed up as our favorite characters. Look how cute we looked.
In case you can't figure it out Phil was Mr. Schuester, Cary- Kurt, Carly- Sue Sylvester, Craig- Puck, Me- Mrs. Pillsbury, Caity- Quinn, Claire- Brittnany, and Racheal- Santana. We Rock.
Here I am cleaning off my popcorn, just as Emma would.
I love Carly's face in this one. She was a great Sue for the night.

Many other fun things have happened. Like Sleepovers. "The best part of waking up is... YODA PANCAKES."
I played a game of Softball once. We almost won.
I conquered the cougar, although it may not look like it in this picture.
Dylan, Mac and I ate STEAK. BIG JUICY STEAK. (don't worry we did cook it before we ate it!)


To Be Continued.....


p.s. many of the photos c/o the lovely Racheal Curley.

No comments: