10.14.2010

Birthday Memories!


I can not even believe how fast October has flown by, thanks to the craziness of school...   In thinking about this and how wonderful the weather has been I have decided this is one of the best Octobers ever. 10.10 The Golden October.  My Birthday is coming up and I am trying to decide how to celebrate. Then I started to think about how I got the GREATEST birthday present ever this year (it was an early present obviously.) I got to go to BOSTON and NEW YORK. It was amazing. I thought now was a great time to blog about it! I will start with 
Day 1: Traveling and Boston
I got to Boston with little trouble, I woke up before the sun was up and from pure excitement and that whole- I can't sleep on planes thing- I watched a couple movies, enjoyed the free soda and cookies and anxiously awaited  the decent into the Boston Harbor. I have never been to Boston before this trip, but I do have a pretty funny story about a layover we had at the Airport a few years ago. If you have ever flown there before you know the Airport practically on the water, as you are looking out the window as the plane is coming down, you get a little worried you aren't going to make it to land and might have to test  the seat you on and if it really does float. Well as we were coming in a few years ago we not only looking out on the water but had hit a little turbulence on the way down, and had a very rough landing. So rough in fact that quite a few of the oxygen masks popped out of the bin above your head. A few people screamed as others laughed. Once we were finally on ground and not bouncing any more the entire flight burst out in applause. It was so funny! Well this time my flight there was much less exciting. (wait until I tell you about my flight home) I got to the airport and my Mom was there to greet me (she had flown out a few days earlier with my dad who was working in Boston for the week.) We hopped on  the T and decided (after dropping off my bags) to explore the world of Harvard

You might be asking yourself right now, Why does Dannielle have a picture of the London Tube seats on this blog? Well guess what, This is actually the T- looks exactly the same huh! 


Here is the lovely Red line/Freedom Trail. Tell you more about this later! 
 In our travels around Harvard Campus we thought- Hey let's find the Harvard Bookstore. Easy right? Not. There are many bookstore around the area Called "Harvard Bookstore" or something of the sort. None of which were the actual bookstore. We still are not entirely sure where the original is. Oh well, look at how Awesome this one is. I loved it! I couldn't leave without buying a book off of my fall booklist!

 R2 was very helpful on this trip. Here I used R2 too look up my book list so I could find out which Henry James books I needed!
 In front of the Library stairs, apparently you have to be a student here to go in. Lame. Instead I just sat and read a little out on the steps.
 We discovered this fantastic little place and couldn't help but get a little snack to hold us over until dinner.
 My book, with the "Harvard Bookstore" bookmark. Now that I have read Turn of the Screw, I can say it is a thrilling tale worth your time. (especially around Halloween!)
 After our snack and sightseeing it was time to pick up Dad from work and find something delicious for dinner. Well my Dad was working outside of Boston and we had a few references but really no idea where we could find food so we just got off the freeway in a place called Lowell. Sounds nice enough doesn't it. Well let me tell you a little about Lowell.  We spent a good amount of time searching for food, and there was nothing (except Duncan Donuts) and so we got back on the freeway and off and on and somehow every time we ended back in Lowell. It was a black hole sucking  us in. It quickly became the joke of the trip, No Not LOWELL, or, at least we aren't in Lowell. Hahaha it was funny. We quickly reached the FEED ME NOW point. (If you don't know what this is you are a very lucky person.) My dad, who had not had the lovely snack my  mom and I enjoyed from Au Bon Pain, finally just pulled off to this lovely little steak house. Well first let me back up a little, we had passed on both Chile's and Outback Steakhouse because we wanted to find something more "Boston",  something  we couldn't find at home. We walk into this steakhouse and all bust up laughing because it is covered in "western" decor. Pictures of the wild west aka Utah, cowboy boots, Country music playing, we were dying. What are the odds we spend all night looking for something Boston and we end up eating in a Western themed restaurant.  The food was good though, just not what we had in mind.
 Boston loves Utah?

No comments: