3.27.2012

the cat.

Normally cats only bring one thing to my mind: allergies. I can remember when I was pretty little, maybe 5?, and I was playing with a neighbors cat. I rubbed my eyes and boom, my eyes turned into puffballs my nose into a faucet.  From that day cats were not my favorite animal. Well that being said, my senior year in high school we accidentally "adopted" a cat. Yes, I said accidentally. Everyone tells the story a little different but it goes something like this... a skinny, sad looking cat wondered into our backyard one day and Dylan fed it some tuna, it came back the next day  (I am now singing: "The cat came back the very next day") and someone else fed it, this went on for a few more days... I think I was probably the only one who didn't feed it, not because I am by any means heartless, but cats make me itch so I tend to ignore their existence. This happened until all of the sudden we were buying cat food and 6 years later that same cat lives in our house and goes by the name Miss Kitty.


Moving  back home I had mixed feelings about her. She thinks it is funny to sneak into my room whenever I leave my door ajar. But over the last few months we have come to an agreement, to tolerate each other. She leaves me alone, for the most part, and I give her treats.

Now that I no longer ignore her existence I have discovered how funny she is. She likes to sleep in the strangest places. Here is the proof:



she loves to wiggle into boxes that are clearly too small. 

she also snuggles up to math books. 

 we found her cuddling with dezi one night.

her favorite spot is this bag full of paper shreds. she loves it! 


No comments: