3.06.2012

city weekly music awards

I am sure every artist is excited to see their work exhibited. Spencer  asked me to take some pictures for an article he was writing I jumped on the chance to try out something new with my camera. I had  very little experience in low lighting photography and the little research I did before the show was not promising...
Once I was behind my camera, one of my favorite places to be these days, my nerves melted away and I had a blast. The show was so much fun and I really enjoyed the bands. Afterwords I didn't think much of it. Then I got to see my images up on  Spencer's article  (here) and I thought it was the coolest thing EVER and then Austen over at City Weekly told me he liked my images and asked if I would send him high res pic, in case they wanted to use them in print.. and they did! It was surreal to see my images in print along with a ton of other really cool pictures. What an amazing opportunity! 



I have posted my pictures on my photo blog here if you want to go check them out!


No comments: