11.29.2010

A day of New York: Day 4

Someday I am going to wake up in New York because I live there. I am excited for that day. Until then this day was pretty close to perfect. We started by getting some breakfast and headed over to Tiffany's so I could  eat my breakfast there just like Audrey. On our way we window shopped, because all of the stores were still closed. It was fantastic. I think New York may have the best window shopping. Here are some of our favorites: 



Here I am with my breakfast and Tiffany & Co. I about died when I stepped inside this store. LOVE.


Then we went for a walk in Central Park. This park is Huge. We only touched the tip of it and I easily could have spent the whole day here. 
It was so fun to see the skyscrapers popping out from the tops of the trees. So cool.
My mom needed to stop by and see the Temple. It is also very unique, just stuck right there in the middle of the city. And as soon as you walk in it is so quiet and peaceful, a huge difference from the hustle and bustle of the city. 
On our way back we stopped by FAO swartz. It was much smaller then I thought it would be and well we kept comparing it to things in London and it was no where near  as cool as Hamleys. But this was a sweet toy. Beamz. Look it up. 
Next was a stop by Dylan's Candy Bar. I don't know what drove us here but why not. A store dedicated to Candy. Deal. I think we needed to go because it is Dylan's. and we like Dylan.
Mid day snack-Lunch in between some shopping and walking. Hot Dogs. Well my mom got the vendors last polish and my dad and I were stuck with regular hot dogs which tasted like, well regular hot dogs. Hers was much better. But it was on my list. Finally after years I got to eat a Hot Dog in New York.
My Favorite part of the day was the MOMA. I bet you were expecting shopping huh... Nope. I am in love with this museum. We all some how got lost in the shuffle of the art and I spent most of the time listening to my little headset and wandering through some of my favorite artists. I also could have spent all day here. It was so hard for me to pick what museum I wanted to go to (museum was my number one so I got to pick!) and I am so so so glad I picked this one. I loved seeing Van Gough, and Picasso and Warhol and Dali and Matisse and Seurat, and Cezanne and Monet and well basically it was beautiful and wonderful to see works I have studied and learned about. Love this place. We were getting very tired at this point. So much walking and seeing and doing.
This is Yoko Ono's Wish tree. I love this idea. Write you wish on a peice of paper and put it on the tree and hope it comes true. I want one. 

Next stop FIT. I have dreamed about going to FIT for a very long time. I was afraid if I saw it I might never want to leave. We went to their little fashion museum and I loved it. I would love to be able to attend any fashion school, especially in NY, and even more especially FIT. Someday? I am putting that on my dream tree.
After this we split up.My mom and I did a little more shopping. I had to step foot in a Topshop because I miss it. and my dad wanted to see the Statue of Liberty. So we split. We headed to soho and did a little more shopping. I loved the vibe and feel of soho and greenwich village. I could live there. (I could live anywhere on Manhattan and be happy I think.)
The place to catch the ferry to Staten Island.
This was about what my view of Lady Liberty was like, probably even smaller.
This was my Dads. He loved his boat ride. I am kinda sad I didn't go with him, but I also knew I would be sad not going to Topshop. Next time.
After we shopped until we could no longer stand, quite litterally we went back to our bus to meet my dad. We saw a bus coming our way and were on the other side of the street and for fear that we would have to walk further we ran to catch the bus. (at this point I am not sure why we didn't take a taxi but somehow it was easier to take a bus?) After making it on the bus after we ran for it we felt pretty accomplished. It is not everyday you catch a bus like that. We met up with my dad walked through the Wallstreet area, very businessy, and put together area, saw "ground zero" which now is a construction site, because there are building some memorial/building something. We were starting to get to the Feed Me Now point. There were NO resturants in the area so we had to come up with a plan. I was starting to feel sick, and tired. I was so sad I was feeling sick, which probably made me even more sick and only made the FMN (feed me now) even worse. So we got a couple drinks and some fries here. Come on, what is more American than McDonalds.
The Bull. I guess if you touch it you will have financial luck. I will let you know how that works out. Also lots of people take pictures coming out of it's butt. That was funny. We did not.
Then around 1030 or so at night we finally made it to one of the places on our list to eat. Katz's. WOW. Best sandwich ever. I could try and describe it to you but words aren't there. Just think of the best pastrami sandwich in the history of your life, now multiple it by 100. That is Katz's.
Look at the size of that thing. I was still feeling sick but I downed my part. Delicious isn't a good enough word for this sandwich.
YUM.
We got out of there pretty late and it was amazing. People were getting ready to go out and the town was as busy as it was that afternoon. Oh the city that nevers sleeps. Amazing. Well we were not ready to stay up all night. We headed back, my dad to get the car and my mom and I to Times square to get some last minute souvenirs. (the traditional I &hearts NY shirts) Once again I was baffled and overwhelmed with the lights and sounds. It looked like it was day time. We hopped in the car. I was as happy as I could be. My NYC experience everything I wanted and only left me wanting more. I was sad to leave but so tired I was soon asleep. We arrived in Boston at who knows what hour. My mom and I took turns talking to my dad to keep him awake. I slept like a baby. It was AMAZING. 

1 comment:

Mechelle Stout said...

Oh what a beautiful trip... happy memories. Too soon over, and I need more! ...and for the record, I was the one who drove the last 2 hours home, while Dad slept.